The physiotherapy department has existed since the very start of the Institut de Physiatrie du Québec (IPQ). Our physiotherapists and physical rehabilitation therapists have years of experience and belong to Quebec’s professional order (Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec).
Services are available to CNESST, IVAC, SAAQ and private patients (receipts for insurance available).
Physical therapy treatments for patients aged 65 and over prescribed by a physiatrist are covered by provincial medical insurance (RAMQ).
Nature of services provided:
General physical therapy services for the treatment of various disorders of the spinal column and upper and lower limbs, including specific exercise programs.
Other private services
- General physical therapy / exercise program
- Manual/manipulative therapy
- Lumbar or cervical stabilization exercise program to optimize spinal strength, endurance and stability
- Post arthrographic distension treatments
- Vestibular/dizziness/vertigo rehabilitation to improve residual vestibular function through compensation and substitution mecanisms
- Assessment for adapted transportation and parking permits